Monday, May 28, 2012

Final(e) Thoughts: Observations

A lot of the TV shows I'm following (or used to follow) will have big endings this season. Since I am big fan of TV shows, making lists and making my opinions known (all for posterity's sake), I will write about various TV shows' season finales, and what I think about them. 


Today I will write about Community's season finale titled "Introduction to Finality".

WTF does this "vanity card" mean?


Why This Ending is Big:

1. I missed most of Season 3. The last episode I watched was "Horror Fiction in Seven Spooky Steps". I blame my derailment on (a) Brittana and (b) the mid-season hiatus Community took. Watching the season finale and missing 14 middle episodes of a series is like watching the first few minutes of the movie and skipping to the last few minutes of it. Your goal is not to enjoy the movie but to know enough about it that you'll not be clueless when people talk about it.

2. I read that Chevy Chase is leaving the show because of disagreements with Community creator Dan Harmon. Pierce's not one of my favorite so I guess it's okay.

3. Since I skipped most of Season 3, it would be unfair to Community for me to judge its ending outrightly. This is big because how this finale turns out will determine if I will watch the 14 episodes I skipped.


My Thoughts Random* Stuff I Noticed on "Introduction to Finality":

1. Britta and Troy? What was that?

Britta and Troy hugging

2. Annie is worried about Abed because he hasn't played rendered imaginated dreamscapes in the dreamatorium since Troy moved out. Why did Troy have to move out if he's just studying airconditioning stuff?

3. They all re-took Biology all summer. I remember they took Biology 101 so they can share a subject together.

4. Subway ended its contract with the school cafeteria--I didn't even know it was there!?--and Shirley's Sandwiches will take over. Shirley has a sandwich shop now?! And she shares it with Pierce. Oh god I'm missing a lot.

Shirley's Sandwiches

5. Troy is the True Repair...man, who repairs man. Oh, I missed Community.

Troy and... uh, Jim Rash

6. Abed minus Troy is Abed multiplied. Abed's imagination spirals out of control as he deals with (or tries to) his best buddy's absence. The result, Lame Abed versus Evil Abed, who wants to re-create the Britta (read: Darkest) of Timelines where Jeff has one arm, he shot Pierce and Troy can't speak. Is this why the episode was named "Introduction to Finality? Will Jeff really shoot Pierce? God I hope so.

The mustache makes Abed evil.

7. Greendale has a court--as in courtroom?!

Greendale's Lady Justice

8. Vice Dean died... and inspired Troy to make the airconditioning school a regular one.

Vice Dean died...and did not went to heaven...yet.

9. This annoying guy, whatever his name is, is back. He is as annoying as he was in Harold and Kumar 2, and he owns the law firm Jeff used to work for.

He knows how money sounds like.

10. Annie and Abed? Maybe? Yes please.

Abed + Annie: ABENNIE?

11. Why is Pierce suddenly nice? Fact: In TV shows, bad/evil/mean characters turn nice when they're dying or will die. Just saying.


Pierce to the Annoying Guy in #9: "Hey don't use 'gay' as a derogatory term. Boo ya. Good person."

12. Is this the same guy who paintball-ed the shit out of Greendale last season? Looks like trouble.

Evil Paintball-Playing Guy

13. Chang is still in the airconditioning vents?


Scary Chang.

14. Starburns is alive? Why did he die again?

STAR-BURNS IS ALIVE!

15. Why is Jeff Google-ing "William Winger"? His dad, maybe?

Shameless plugging for searchies.com

16. Abed removes the dreamatorium so Britta and Troy can move in but he recreates a smaller version of it in his bedroom.

Abed  outgrowing the Dream-atorium...sort of.

For what its worth, "Introduction to Finality" was effective in doing what it needs to do: Convince me to watch the rest of Season 3. If you were observant enough to notice I only listed my observations, and some questions, about this episode. As I go through the episodes I missed, I hope all those observations will be substantiated by reasons and explanations as to why things turned out the way it did.


Note:
*"Random", in this case, means things that are new and I don't have an explanation for.


-----------------------
You may want to read:

Final(e) Thoughts: How I Met Your Mother
Final(e) Thoughts: Chuck
Final(e) Thoughts: Glee
Final(e) Thoughts: The Big Bang Theory
Final(e) Thoughts: House


No comments: